On 2011/11/09 3:04, Gérald Fenoy wrote:
Dear comrades,
I'm pleased to nominate Xianfeng Song for his implication in many ways into
OSGeo
that you know but I will briefly remind here.

First, he invest many time and efforts in spreading knowledge and promoting
OSGeo
in the lessons he give at the Graduate University of Chinese Academy of
Sciences and
in conferences he attend. He join many FOSS4G conferences where he can present
his
advanced work and research projects he made using the OSGeo Technologies. He
know well OSGeo and he is nice to speak with by always sharing many ideas about
OSGeo. He is sharing knowledge by handling many collaboration research involving
OSGeo Projects. He is a former member of the very active OSGeo China Local
Chapter.

Song is still (*not former*) a very active OSGeo China Local Chapter.
He organize many workshops and conferences in China where he always invite
OSGeo people from all over the world to join and present OSGeo and its
Technologies.
The next one in which he will be involved is the FOSS4G 2012 which will be held
in
Beijing.

You should consider his election as an OSGeo Charter Member.

Would be certainly nice to have Prof. Song as a OSGeo Charter Member.

Venka