On 11-11-24 04:50 PM, Tyler Mitchell wrote:

But to answer your question.. the aim is to run a conference, first round in
the USA.  Other than working alongside other chapters (and obviously inviting
them to partner on the event) there is no proposed formal connection between
them - except of course being under the OSGeo banner together :)

I am of the opinion that the NA Chapter should have a closer relationship to the other local chapters in this territory, but I do not have the time to explain and argue those points.

I write this as an active member of the Quebec local Chapter that falls in this territory and personally I'm disappointed that the local chapters were never ping'd for their opinion or interest in being involved other than some notes sent through this list. I thought of a NA chapter as well before and discussed the idea with several people in the last years but it was a different concept: I am of the opinion that a NA chapter would be stronger with support from all the local chapters in the territory.

Oh, did I just say that I didn't have time for this? Sorry, I shut up...

--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/