I'd like to second Thomas' nomination.

Thomas is another one of those individuals that we're so used to seeing around OSGeo projects, conferences and code sprints that we just assumed that he was already charter members.

As Steve wrote, he is a very constructive team player, so much that many of the performance gains made in recent FOSS4G benchmarking exercises in both MapServer and Mapnik can be tracked down to the great "coopetition"[1] spirit that Thomas (for MapServer) and Dane Springmeyer (for Mapnik) put into the benchmarking game, effectively exchanging hints and tricks to help boost the performance of each other's (competing) software. That's open source at its best.

Daniel

[1] Coopetition = Cooperative competition