I think this (Cameron's) is a terrible, outmoded concept, just reeking if the "old boy" network, "old school tie" mentality. Proposals should be judged at face value, not on some preconceived notions of what was good before now.
Bravo to the organizing committee for suggesting blind (unbiased) judgments!

Martin Feuchtwanger  feu...@shaw.ca  604-254-0361
302 - 1429 E 4th Ave,  Vancouver, BC  V5N 1J6
http://members.shaw.ca/geomatics.developer