I'd like to add that french agencies are strong supports to OpenSource software : French IGN has supported WFS 2.0 implementation in GeoServer, BRGM (geological survey) is regularily supporting GeoNetwork throught its french fork GeoSource, MeteoFrance has done some good support of MapServer, and I'm forgetting much.

Best regards

Guillaume