Daniel,

I'm not sure why exactly, but the "facilitates interoperability" seems fluffy
for some reason.  It might be something to integrate into the original
statement however.  The vendor lock-in piece is definitely something that will
need to be included somehow, but I'm thinking there or two things here based on
the replies so far, one is for a description of the position and another would
be to define some sort of policy/or, dare I say it, "best practice" document,
hopefully something that is hard to refute.

All good thoughts.

Bobb