Hi Maning,

The FOSS4G name is a hot topic lately, but I feel you properly brought this up on the list for everyone, until someday if/when we have more of a formal process. So yes, share the FOSS4G passion in your local region! :)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
President, OSGeo
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Jeff_McKenna

On 2014-09-25 12:58 PM, maning sambale wrote:
Dear Jeff,

Thanks for your support.  So I'll take this as an approval that we can
use the FOSS4G name?
As to the official recognition of the local chapter, we will add this
as one of the agenda during the event.
I'm watching this talk [0] as I think about moving forward to official
recognition. :)

[0] https://vimeo.com/106232256

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 12:39 AM, Jeff McKenna