Hi Gert-Jan,

A lot of good topics have been brought up in the last few weeks, and a lot of discussions have occurred, as you mentioned.

I feel the whole community recently 'took a breath' about all this. Which of course was needed.

I wish I have all the answers for you, but I don't; to be honest, we are all working together as a community through this. Take a glace at the topics for the next Board meeting[1], and you can see there is lots on our ('our' being everyone's) plate, so to speak. (you'll notice that I had already had the 2016 topic on the agenda today, before you hinted at this publicly)

I know for myself, on this coming Friday, Andrew Ross (LocationTech) and I will meet for an hour to talk, which we both agree is a great thing (as Jachym often tells me, talking is really good). And I realize that this has nothing to do with me, but as Jachym mentioned, has everything to do with what the community wants, what the OSGeo Charter Members want, where the community wants to go with FOSS4G. Andrew and I will talk, but no decisions will be made without the community's support of course. Jachym's idea for a community survey is wonderful in this regard, in my opinion.

I'm sorry for all the confusion lately, but as a few people pointed out to me, these are all good things, good issues, and can really be called 'growing pains' (sometimes as we grow there are difficult things we may face, and we will grow stronger as a result). I should note here that I am not implying that LocationTech is difficult, opposite in fact, Andrew has been very accommodating. The difficult thing is coming together as a community and helping guide the foundation along the path, and making sure everyone's needs are met. That LocationTech is here is a good thing. That is for sure.

Our community will grow stronger from all this.

Sorry for the clichés. But I really feel this.

Yours,

-jeff

[1] http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2014-10-16

--