Subject: Charter Member Nomination for Manuel Grizonet
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 11:04:42 +0200
From: Fenoy Gerald <gerald.fe...@geolabs.fr>
To: OSGeo CRO <c...@osgeo.org>
CC: Manuel Grizonnet <manuel.grizon...@gmail.com>

Dear all,
it is pleasure for me to nominate Manuel Grizonet [1] for OSGeo Charter Membership.

Many people know very well Manuel for the huge activities he is leading for years in OSGeo. Manuel is involved in the development team and is PSC member of the OrfeoToolbox that has been successfully incubated this year.

Manuel is also taking part in the organisation of the OTB HackFest each year where the OTB community can meet. Other communities can join too and are very welcome at this event, I got the luck to participate in such a kind of event and I have to say that I was amazed by the great work they do there. During the hack fest, users and developers meet to share their use cases of the software, discuss the next steps for the project, but also the issue they may face using this or that part of the project and so on. It is just a very nice and efficient way to have feedbacks from the community and to meet often.

Manuel is very open to discussion even when, like I do, you have only question to ask him and not much to offer.

I am confident that Manuel will be a great addition to the OSGeo Charter Members list.

All the best,
[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/User:Grizonnetm
—
Best regards CRO,