Thanks Ben, your feedback helps underscores the importance of communicating
in bite sized chunks.

To wit, "open source" is not really "a collaborative software development
model", it is really just a license. The license provides the perks you
outline, but does not provide a seat at the development table. The
development model, along with the transparency and fairness we expect of
projects at OSGeo, goes beyond just an open source licenses.

I will try and complete the other pages so we can see how the pieces fit
together. We may need to double back here as I expect that the transparency
and fairness is the quality of open source that is being sought in open
standards, open data, open education and open science.

--
Jody Garnett