It turns out there's a MapGuide list - you may find it useful to ask there:

On 2018-09-25 18:30, Jonathan Moules wrote:

Hi Meinrad,

I don't know anything about MapGuide, but I know a little about SQLite, so in lieu of anyone else answering...

A locked SQLite database is like a connection to a regular (PostGIS/Oracle) database - the application will usually keep the file locked open if it's going to be reading/writing from the database because connecting to the SQLite database is relatively expensive (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3747232/how-expensive-sqlite3-connect-and-close-in-sqlite). So "prevention" of this locking is unlikely to be desirable.

Now if MapGuide has a way of "disconnecting" a layer, that's a question for someone who knows MapGuide.

(Un-relatedly if there's anyone from OSGeo reading this - The MapGuide website seems very outdated (10 year old documentation!) and has a lot of dead OSGeo links, i.e. the links in "OSGeo Community" - https://mapguide.osgeo.org/)

Cheers,

Jonathan