Olav
Sean Adams wrote:

See my comments/suggestions in that thread. Jefemeister says it's correct except for inverted amplitude. I haven't confirmed this yet - AFAICT we have the DSP configured correctly, but if it is wrong, it's easy to fix by tweaking the volume function.

On Feb 25, 2005, at 8:15 AM, Steinar Bjaerum wrote:

At head-fi.org I came across this thread:
http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=106249

Any comments, Sean?

Steinar

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steinar Bjaerum
Sent: 25. februar 2005 16:34
To: discuss@lists.slimdevices.com
Subject: [slim] Bit-correct digital out on Squeezebox?

Hi.
Has anyone verified that the digital out on Squeezebox (with fixed digital
output level) is bit-correct?
I am thinking about playing an uncompressed WAV, recording the signal at the
digital output and comparing the recording with the original WAV.
Is such a test part of Slimdevice’s test procedure?
If the output is bit-correct, the Squeezebox could serve as a high-end
“transport” when connected to an external DAC…
(Assuming the DAC is robust with respect to jitter.)
Steinar