Thanks for the clarification. I've done the reset to factory defaults. No
change in behaviour. I've also checked for firmware updates and am awaiting
the next (I've already reported at least two "bugs" and look forward to
others reporting their problems so that the hardware/fireware is
appropriately updated). However, I'm not sure that this device (TEW-435 BRM)
has been released in the good ol'e US of A and hence may not receive a lot
of users reporting issues. In Europe it seems that people "eat what is put
in front of them". But that's another story.