There is already a Wiki on SlimDevices web site.
Not much on it though...

James

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Damon Riley
Sent: 02 March 2005 17:26
To: discuss@lists.slimdevices.com
Subject: [slim] WikiSlim? SlimWiki? SlimWikiCity?

Hi, everyone.

I've enjoyed being a part of this mailing list and plan to continue with

it.  I do find it easier to stay on top of things when the messages land

in my 'slim' inbox.  BUT...

There is a project called WikiCities that the creator of the Wikipedia
has begun.  How much interest is there in starting a WikiCity to compile

and refine what we know about the Squeezebox, slimp3, slimserver,
softsqueeze & other related topics?  A WikiSlim could be like an FAQ on
steroids.  There would be no one maintainer-- we could all add our two
cents without waiting for the FAQ owner to get around to making updates.

  Yes, there are ups and downs to this, but what is there to lose,
really?  WikiCities lets us use their software & servers to run the wiki

and they get to place ads on the site.  The content is free to anyone.

To see what's starting, you can look at WikiMac:

http://mac.wikicities.com/wiki/Main_Page

If you're not familiar with the Wikipedia concept, you could look in the

March issue of Wired where there is a decent article.  An excerpt is
here: http://www.wikicities.com/wiki/Wikicities_in_the_news

-- Damon