As long as you do a file copy onto the other device there will be no
degredation.
This would also apply to JPGs.
You would only get degredation if you actually opened the JPG and saved it
again, which could possibly created compression artefacts.

Likewise if you re-encoded all your MP3s onto your backup drive, the quality
would reduce, but there is no need to do it.

Rgds,
Bruce.

news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]