how about: for an hour after an alarm a short hit on the red remote
button = snooze 10 mins?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Marc Sherman
Sent: 11 March 2005 13:30
To: Slim Devices Discussion
Subject: [slim] Snooze!

So now that the price of squeezeboxes is going to plummet in the
secondary market, I have visions of sugar plum faeries dancing through
my head, filling every room in my house with a squeezebox.

I'm thinking a squeezebox in the bedroom could replace my existing
CD/Clock/Radio, using the Alarm plugin, except for one thing: it has no
snooze button!

Is it possible to rig something up to the Geekport on the SB1 that will
act as a snooze button for an alarm clock?  I'm not afraid of a bit of
light soldering or light perl hacking to make this work, if anyone has
any ideas.

Ideally, I'd end up with a nice big button I can bat in a state of
semi-sleep.  Possibly two -- one for snooze, one for off, though I
suppose a click-hold could be used for off.  Everything else (setting
the alarm time and playlist) can be done with the remote or web
interface, since I'll be awake when doing that part.

- Marc