I just programmed the MX-700 for the Squeezebox and several other devices,
it works very well with the exception of the lack of discrete codes. If all
you are doing is replacing remotes device for device it will work great, but
if you want to do any of the automation one generally needs to do to make
the system "One Button", you won't be able to establish the state of the
Squeebox. One trick is to use the play button to turn it on, as that will
turn it on but not off.
In the systems I am responsible for, the power button on the remote's main
page turns on the Projector, the DVD, the Sat. receiver, and the Squeezebox.
If the Squeezebox is on, it turns it off. This is a royal pain but not the
fault of the remote. The developers shoud recognize the needs of the
integrators and have secret discrete codes for the individual functions such
as On and Off.
I recommend the MX-700, it is easy to program and great to use. If anyone
needs the device file I am happy to share it.

Chris Mason