-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Aynsley
Blake
Sent: 15 March 2005 16:01
To: discuss@lists.slimdevices.com
Subject: [slim] Slightly OT: Converting MP3 bitrates

This is a bit OT, but I'm looking for a utility for mass converting MP3
files.

I have about 8500 tracks, all MP3 all 320kbps, all tagged and set up as
\artist\album\tracknumber - trackname.mp3
I want to find a utility which I can point at the root of this directory
structure and leave for a while. When I come back, I want to find a
duplicate directory structure with all the same mp3's in the right
places but re-encoded at a lower bitrate (so I can easily copy them to
mp3 player/cd for the car). I know this can be done with Musicmatch, but
only on a single folder basis.

The utility must be windows based and preferably free.

Hope this all makes sense. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Aynsley