----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Bassett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss@lists.slimdevices.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: [slim] Wav streaming for windows?

Headless slimserver ---> windows clients all over the house. A few have small amounts of RAM unfortunately, thus the desire to not use a Java based client. Also I really prefer Winamps visualizations (especially milkdrop), so it is always cool to get winamp working and gain EQ adjustment and such. Just wishful thinking I guess. Can anyone explain to me where wav streams get sent to on slimserver? like /stream.wav or something?

Doesn't seem to be anyway to stream .wav to winamp unfortunately, which is too bad cuz winamp will play wav files fairly easily.

Any ideas?

Why use SlimServer as the interface? Are the Windows clients also headless? Why not just queue up the songs directly from Winamp or Windows Explorer or a music library manager, many of which I'm sure must surpass SlimServer in utility?