I know that some players support a DISCNAME tag where this information could
be stored. Does SlimServer have anything analogous that I could use? If
not, would it be possible to add support for this tag?

Here is how I would like the tagging to work:

ALBUM=Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
DISCNUMBER=1
DISCNAME=Dawn to Dusk
ALBUM=Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
DISCNUMBER=2
DISCNAME=Twilight to Starlight

I'd have use for such a feature, I just don't know if DISCNAME is the most widely accepted way of doing it. You might want to ask over at www.hydrogenaudio.org forums - if there is a working standards body for tagging it's these guys.

C.