----- Original Message ----- From: "kdf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss@lists.slimdevices.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 7:31 PM
Subject: Re: [slim] How do slimserver clients sync to same stream ?

Quoting Robert Rozman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi,

I wonder how do clients sync to same music source ? What should be done by
client and what by slimserver ?

What has to be done on client to sync properly ?

When thinking as a total newbie I'd guess that they should be in sync if
connected to same stream - but I must be wrong ....

all clients get their own streams.

syncing means that players have matching streams playing at the same time.

http players cannot be synchronised

softsqueeze and hardware players can, and are set this way via player settings

Ok, thanks for info.

What I'm trying to know is HOW they synhonize ? Do they talk to each other, to server - timestamps, ... ? How is sync feature implemented in softsqueeze ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Rob.