Charles Stanton wrote:
(We'll try this again).

I am using the 3/23 nighly and from time to time on start-up, slim.exe
will max out (96 - 99%) the CPU for 30 minutes or more before settling
down.  No new music has been added.  I don't think it should be
re-scanning.

Generally it settles down within 5 minutes or so.

The library is about 9K songs. The computer is PIII 933 MHz, 512 RAM, W2K Pro.
It is dedicated to the slimserver and musicmagic, which is also running.

I had something similar but possibly unrelated. For the last week and a half
I have been running the compiled 3/14 nightly under WinXPProSP1. Tonight I noticed the service had gone "rogue" and was using all available cycles. This
was after a week of uptime and nowhere near a rescan and nothing was even
playing. I just killed the service and upgraded to 3/24. We shall see if it
crops up again.