Are you running SlimServer as a Windows service? If so, can you try running it as an application? To do this, kill the slim.exe process in the Task Manager and start slim.exe from the command line. My only guess is that it could be a permissions issue.

--Vidur

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi - searched the archives but still can't quite figure out why this doesn't
appear to be working for me.

I have recently been trying to get the rest of my collection scanned and am
using a second HD.

Original directory (which Slimserver has as "music folder") is F:\Music.
Inside this folder are the albums by genre folder. This has always scanned
and worked fine so I followed the same structure on the second HD: directory
is G:\Music2. Inside this folder are the albums by genre folder.
I then put a shortcut into the F:\Music folder which points to G:\Music2
folder. However when I rescan I encounter the following problems:

1. Even after all night the slimserver screen still shows "rescanning". It
has rescanned the files in the orignal directory fine and has updated this
but not included those in G:\Music2.
2. If I go to browse music folders it shows Music 2 as a link but selecting
this brings up the message:

You need to specify a path to your directory containing your MP3 files.
Click here to go to the server settings and do this now.

My understanding was the slimserver couldn't handle multiple locations, only
shortcuts from the one location to another. Is this correct?

FYI -
Slimserver V5.1
running on a Win2k server box
Drives F: & G: are the only two partitions on the same HD (historical reason
why it wasn't simply left as one HD).

What am I doing wrong?! And how can I sort it?

TIA
Beau