* XC90 shaped the electrons to say...

Well, it just stopped indexing at over 4 hours, and... the interface
could not be any slower. I like to navigate browsing by the file
system's "Music Folder" and this is just the slowest thing I could ever imagine.

Going back and forth betwen a folder that has 582 Artists takes at
least 15-20 seconds. My olde SlimServer (whether it was 5.4 or 5.1)
used to take about 2. I cannot believe the slow down with this 6.0.1.
Has anyone else noticed this after upgrading? I'm talking about
browding by the file system here.

Browsing by Music Folder is a somewhat intensive process. Do you have "Sort by Filename" turned on or off in the Settings page?

Some more information is needed too - How many directories are at your top
level?

What type of machine is this? CPU? Memory?

What is the speed of Browse Artist, etc compared to Browse Music Folder?

-D
--
dd if=/dev/sarcasm of=/dev/clue