Quoting Charles Stanton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I noticed some odd behaviour when setting up the MusicMagic plugin.
> 6.0x 4/8/nightly on XP Pro.  Basically Slimserver does not accept the
> following settings except after repeated attempts (its as if it was
> reluctant...):
>
> On the main server settings page, I will click use MusicMagic.  Things
> work during that instance of the server running.  Next time I start
> the service (either by rebooting or restarting the service under
> computer management), it reverts back 'do not use musicmagic.'  So I
> tell it to 'use musicmagic' again - and same behaviour.  On the third
> or fourth attempt, it took.  This behaviour is repeatable -- it put
> Slimserver on another machine (also XP Pro) and the same thing
> happened.

c:\program files\slimserver\server\slim.exe --d_plugins
the musicmagic integration will only work if the server can get a valid response
from the musicmagic api.  the above command from a command prompt will run
slimserver showing all plugin debug output.

> A similar pattern on the plugin settings.   I'll check for slimserver
> to use musicmagic and it simply will not register on the first few
> attempts.   After clicking change it comes back unchecked.   After
> numerous attempts, it will be OK, but it is not predicable or terribly
> reliable.   I also noticed that the musicmagic plugin generally seems
> to work better (that is Slimserver recognizes it better) if 'load
> plugins on the fly' is set.
>
> My question is:  how do you create musicmagic mixes from the players display?

when you see the m icon in the top right, press and hold play.  you will then
just into the mixer, or be given a choice of mixers if more than one option is
available.

-kdf