Is it possible to do something equivalent (I tried this, it bombs) to
the following:

java -jar -Daudio.mixer='/dev/null' SoftSqueeze.jar

I am running multiple SoftSqueeze instances on a server, and
displaying back to lower-power machines that run slimp3slave locally
to handle the audio. This setup works great for the first client
machine, on the second client it plays one song and then stops b/c it
can not open the soundcard on the server (which has nothing hooked to
it).

Essentially I would want to use it as a remote control only, and not
have it play audio at all. Failing that I guess I would have to add
one card per client on the server, or look into esd/nsd so it thinks
it is talking to a card.

Thanks,

-chris