If I look at the tracks in my shortest and longest albums
I get:
        h:mm                                     Min    Max
   164M 0:40 Enya/Watermark                     28.4%  52.8%
   561M 1:18 The Stone Roses/The Very Best Of   63.6%  76.1%

(My previously reported largest single album turned out
to be a double...)

I've also got an audio book (simple speech) compressed,
and this is typically ~20%, but down as low as 16.5% in
places.

The bottom line is that the compression ratio you get is
down to the complexity of the music.

Looking at my entire collection (509 "albums", 6350 tracks)
I have 20 days, 15 hrs, 18 mins and 33 secs of music. This
works out at 299,970MB of uncompressed data.

The flac data takes up 185,871MB, which shows an average of
62%, which isn't bad.

--
"The biggest problem encountered while trying to design a system that
was completely foolproof, was, that people tended to underestimate the