Has anyone used the Telcanto who could comment on its ease of use?

I ask because I often hear how the remote is not that useful if you
have 10K + songs.   If the Telcanto is easy to use, has good wireless
connectivity, then that could be solution to this issue.

But what I suggest and what I use is playlists.  They are easy access
via the remote and you can easily create them with the web interface.
So you could have 30 - 60 or more playlists which is easy scroll
through.

The other comment about smart playlists is solved by the musicmagic
plugin.  It works great, is tunable and makes playlist creation
exceedingly simple.  Sometimes it produces odd results, but overall it
is quite good and well worth the 20 some odd dollars it costs.  On the
Windows platform, I have a nice way to have it start up a service, so
like the slimserver it is completely transparent to the user.

Another comment about the Sony's of the world:  I understand that they
do have software expertise in things like the Playstation.   But they
are not terribly competent in most other areas of computing and
software and I would not be terribly concerned that they are going to
come out with a slick media server that competes on the software side
(this may be a bit off, but try finding a software driver for a Vaio
on their website......).

As to the comment that a major drawback is that Ma and Pa need to
maintain a computer for this purpose, I suppose that is fairly
accurate, but may be not fatal.  All SlimDevices would need to do is
roll-out a small server machine that can go into a A/V rack, preloaded
with SlimServer.  Or maybe someone other vendor could do it.  The
technology is there.    I have put these in for people, and the
preferred 'architecture' is a dedicated machine in a basement or a
closet that also doubles as a file/backup server.  Nor does it have to
be some killer machine.  We recycle old PIIIs and add a hard drive.
This setup works trouble free for months with no intervention by the
user.  Occasionally the machine needs to be rebooted, but that is
about it.  Ma and Pa can do that.  Maybe SlimDevices should  have
suggested setups and tips.

One of which would be: don't put SlimServer on a wireless machine, if
at all possible....that is trouble!