OK, so I've got the TelCanto trial on my Dell Axim X50v.  I'm running
slimserver 5.4.

First thing, when I installed it, I got the note saying "This app was
written for an earlier version of Windows.  It may not display
correctly" assuming 2002.  The Dell is 2003.

The library display seems completely broken.  Only the folders view
shows anything, then they only break down to directory level, not
showing the individual songs.  The 'genres', 'albums' and 'artists'
views are all empty.  the alphabet tabs are across the top, but
nothing is displayed.

When I got into search, it allowed me to put search criteria in, but
didn't turn up anything, and I couldn't get out without a soft reset,
it was pretty much locked up.

Playlists display only shows the list names, they don't expand into
the song titles.

It picked up the playlist that I had earlier and started the controls
to play it worked ok (play, pause, stop).

The poweroff, under Tools->squeezebox control, always says "power
off", doesn't change to "power on".  Hitting play turns the squeezebox
on and plays. The 'info' button does seem to work.

Overall, I'm having a very poor trial experience so far.  Maybe I'll
read the README and see if there's any clues, but overall it looks
just VERY minimally functional.  If I find something to change my
mind, I'll let you all know.