[..]
I've set up SlimServer as a service running under a user account that
is a full local administrator.   SlimServer no longer gives me the "not

It does not only have to be local administrator, but it needs access rights to the share. You'll have to add that user to the server's access list.

a valid directory" error message when I specify a UNC share name, but it
does not (or cannot) scan any of the files within the share.  Also
unable to Browse Music Folder.  This behavior is the same using either
the 6/15 nightly or the 6.0.1 release versions.

This is basic stuff, isn't it?  Can anyone tell me if they actually
have a 6.0.x installation on Windows, running as a service, and using a
network share as the music folder?

What would be the recommended means of troubleshooting the problem?

--

Michael