On 4/17/05, gharris999 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Humm..would that actually work for windows?  Does SVN fetch the compiled
> executables too?

I would guess not, although I don't know that for a fact.

You can easily run it using ActiveState Perl, though I'm again not
sure about running it as a service without the help of some 3rd-party
service-runner apps like firedaemon.  If you're running nightlies then
you're likely to get bit by things such as perl stack traces, etc.
that are much easier to see and report when running the non-exe
version.

I did some research and you might be able to use srvany from Microsoft
to do this if you are wedded to the slimserver-as-a-service on Windows
concept.

Here's a pretty good link: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=197

Ben