Thanks for the help so far.  Here is what I know

1) The signal strength ranges from around 50-66%.  I have never noticed
a correlation between the dropouts and the signal.  I fooled around a
lot with Macstunbler and changing the frequencies, but no major
affect.

2) I'll chack on the buffer stuff tonight.

3)  I forgot to mention that the dropouts are usually worst when I'm
just starting to play fromthe SB2.  After a while it seems to lock on
things much better.  It also may be worse in the AM, but I can't see
any affects of time of day on the signal strength.

4) The airport express is hooked up to the ISP via a cable modem.  I
checked the speed of the thing with a few bandwidth meters last night,
always runs between 3-3.3 Mb.

Thanks,

Bruce

--