--- mcai8rw2 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Is it possible to have ONE slimbox in one room, a second SLIM
> box in
> another room, a third slimbox in a third room etc...and to
> have all of
> those devices accessing the same PC in one room.

Yes, in fact this is the exact architecture the devices were
desinged for.

> If this IS possible, can each separate box access different
> music at
> the same time, or will each box only cope with one feed.

You can have each device operate independently so that they are
all playing different music at the same or you can syncronize
them if you wish to control all of them with one box and have
them play the same thing.  It's your choice.  The one thing I'm
not sure of (I don't syncronize mine) is if you can only
syncronize some of them.  For example, I'm not sure that if you
had say five Squeezeboxes and you wanted to syncronize three of
them but have the other two play independently that you could
accomplish that.  I'm sure someone else on this list can easily
answer that though.

> If all of this is possible anyone know what the limit for
> boxes is? So
> if I had one hundred rooms [and lived in a bavarian castle!]
> could the
> ONE pc cope?

My understanding is that you are only limited by your hardware.
If your server and bandwidth can handle the workload then you
could have 100 or more devices.  I'm not sure of the hardware
spec's it would take to do this.  The Slim Devices FAQ only
states that "even a low-end PC can service more than a dozen
Squeezeboxes" so maybe a nice high-end PC could easily service
over 100.