Dave,
Telcanto has a PPC only client that works with Slimserver on unix just
fine.  I used the trial, still have a few weeks left.  It actually
seems to work quite well (after you get it set up right, which is a
little tricky if you're not on the 6.x server), but will not utilize
true 640x480 VGA effectively.  It looks great in standard (QVGA) on my
x50v.  Its too expensive for me though, as it would only be a tertiary
control (after the remote and a laptop).