> There are some software-tools for ripping DVD-audio, but I have no
> experience in using them so I cannot give you any advice.

By which I think we mean that there are tools for "ripping the audio
from a DVD-Video disc", rather than "ripping the audio from a DVD-Audio
disc", which is intended to be extremely difficult.

The Imtoo 'DVD Audio Ripper'
(http://www.imtoo.com/dvd-audio-ripper.html) is a cheap way of doing
this - I have not used this specific tool but the other Imtoo tools
I've tried seem to work as advertised. The 'DVD Audio Ripper' is
apparently able to rip AC3 streams and LPCM.

Surcode, from Minnetonka Audio Software (www.surcode.com) is an
extremely good range of software (as are all Minnetonka's products) but
not cheap, and aimed at the professional production market.

Slimserver6/SB2 does maintain bit-accuracy end to end, so you can save
any surround-encoded stream (AC3, DTS, etc) with a lossless method (I
use FLAC but WAV obviously works) that you can decode at the other end
- this would include an MLP stream, were you able to lay your hands on
one and had an accessible decoder for it at the other end.

--Richard E

--
relen