I would say just for major versions - 5.x to 6.x
But I usually just install them in different directories - I haven't even got round to uninstalling 5.4 yet.

James

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Roy Owen
Sent: 28 April 2005 14:23
To: Slim Devices Discussion
Subject: Re: [slim] Best way to update Slimserver on Windows??

AFIK, it only applies to upgrading from one version to another.  IE SS6.0.1 to SS6.1.X.

On 4/28/05, Chris Glushko < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I thought I read something a while back on this list
that said you should uninstall your current version of
Slimserver before upgrading to a new version?  Is that
indeed the case, and if so, should one delete files
remaining in the Slimserver directory after the
uninstall before upgrading?

Do meddle in the affairs of Dragons,
for you are crunchy and good with Tabasco.

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.