Quoting SlimPvC <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Thanks, that does clear things up for me!
> However, in case of using the Browse Music Folder, it does not 'feel'
> like an enhancement. Although technically, I'm sure it is.

I can certainly understand that.  The enhancement of it is not really seen so
much.  5.4.x was very intermittent with finding newly added tracks, requiring
frequent and costly rescans (and many complaints).  The new design picks up new
tracks very well, as the cost of hitting the db during folder browsing.

The sort by filename option does have an effect, though again not without a
tradeoff.

The advantage for me is that I've not used 5.4.x in so long, I forget.  Current
6.0 builds are much faster than early betas were for folder navigation.  It is
a known issue, but those who have spent the most time working with it are not
sure, at this time, how to optimise it any more without losing aspects of the
design.  Patches are always welcome if anyone has some tweaks that do show
improvement.  I, for one, would welcome that.  I do use the other modes more
than I used to, but sill like folder browse when I want something specific.  As
annoying as it is to have to wait, I know I can't offer anything that will
speed it up more than it already is.  In the meantime, I'm spending my time
looking at other place where I might help.  If aomething does spring to mind
along the way,  I plan to submit a patch.  Right now, I'm still trying to catch
up on everythign that the server is doing with the database.

of course, that doesn't help you achieve your goal of faster navigation, and I
can only speak for myself as to the difficulties associated with it.  Some may
choose not to believe it, but that's ok.

-kdf