When I play tracks on SoftSqueeze, they occasionally stop during
playback and only a continuous non-music noise is output.  It's hard to
describe - it's like a mechanical noise that is constant.  Once started,
this noise continues until I click fast forward to play the next track
or restart the current track.  There doesn't appear to be anything
wrong with the server when this happens - the web interface responds
normally.  If I replay the problem track, it will play absolutely fine
so this doesn't appear to be a problem with my music files.

I'm using SoftSqueeze 2.0b8, but it happened with b6 and the build I
used before that (and probably others before then).  I run SlimServer
on a Debian Linux machine that is connected to my pc via a 3com 11g
wireless router.  All my music is in FLAC format and is mostly ripped
with EAC.

This error has just happened but there is nothing in the Console.  That
said, I don't currently have any of the (new?) debug options ticked.  If
people (Richard?) tell me what options to enable, I'll gladly enable
them and provide an update next time it happens.

I don't know if this happens with a real SqueezeBox, but my SB2 arrives
tomorrow (I'm sorry, I still haven't said that enough!) so I'll watch
out for it.

--
max.spicer

The wild things roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible
teeth
and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws
but Max stepped into his private boat and waved good-bye