I'm having some serious performance issues with V6.0.2.  When the server
is started for the first time ever it pegs the CPU close to 100% for
about 5 mins.  I can understand this since it is importing the library
for the first time.

The problem is if I have slim and iTunes running at the same time any
small change made in iTunes (like adding or deleting a track) causes
slim to hog the CPU.  Slim will immediatly jump to 80% CPU utilization
and stays there for a while.  Seems like the only option is to shutdown
slim while making iTunes changes and then fire it back up and wait for
it to make it's updates.

My setup:

Windows XP SP2
P4 2.53GHz
1 GB Memory
Two Disks (C:111GB D: 228GB)

SqueezeBox – one squeeze box connected over wired 100Mbps network

iTunes Settings:
Music Folder D:\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music
Keep iTunes Music folder organized is checked
Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library is checked
Library has 8539 songs, 312 Artists, and 583 Albums 44.88GB
Version 4.7.1.30
Most songs are mp3, though I have about 200 AAC files.

Slim Server:
Version 6.0.2
Server Settings:
Language: English
Music Folder: Blank
Playlists Folder: D:\My Music\My Playlists
iTunes: User iTunes
iTunes:
iTunes Reload Interval: 60
Ignore Songs Disabled in iTunes: Ignore songs unchecked in
iTunes
Find iTunes Library Automatically: Find iTunes Library
Automatically (though I have tried Specify iTunes Library Locations
without any change)
iTunes Music Library.xml Location: D:\My
Music\iTunes\iTunes Music Library.xml
iTunes Music Folder: D:\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music
iTunes Playlist Format: Prefix: iTunes:
Plugins:
Load Plugins at startup Only
Datetime Screensaver - Active