hi,
i am trying to lower the bitrate on the fly of my music files because i
have a low upload speed. i have searched the forums and it seems like
you can do this with softsqueeze (not sure but that is the indication i
get by searching this forum) however i was wondering if there was a way
to do a server side downsampling to 96 kbps so that i can stream my
music to players such as winamp and windows media player becuase i
would like to listen to my music on school computers which i dont have
admin acess to to install a program such as softsqueeze, but come
preinstalled with windows media player. A pluggin or modyfying some
config setting, not sure if its possible but any help is greatly
apreciated.
thanks to all,
josh

--