I have a similar problem, and have opened a bug with the Slim Devices
support people, who have been very helpful.

You can see it at http://bugs.slimdevices.com/
Search for bug #1507

As a result of seeing your post, I added to the report:

------
This was from a very recent forum post:

"When I create new folders in my music library location (D:\) the
slimserver or squeezebox does not find them. A funny twist... I put an
MP3 file in an existing empty folder that's been there since day 1 and
the file was found no problem."

Everytime I add music, I add an album, which is adding a new subfolder.
The difference between rescan and wipe cache may be that rescan is
looking for new files in an existing tree structure, but wipe cache
recreates the structure.
------

Check out the bug tracking to see if they come up with something.

--
mwgilbert

MICHAEL Wm. GILBERT  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Technology Development and Special Projects
Office of Information Technologies (OIT)
Lederle Graduate Research Center A115
University of Massachusetts at Amherst
Amherst, MA  01003-9306