Well, in the past I would have recommended a Belkin ADSL Wireless Router.  I
have a 7630-4AUK model, which has been pretty good.

It has been left on pretty much continually for about a year, with only a few
crashes.  However, this weekend it has started to give me grief.  It's
rebooting several times a day.  At first I thought this was all down to
downloading bittorrents (legal ones!) with Azureus, as p2p software is
notorious for knocking out routers.  However, I am still seeing reboots with
minimal internet activity.

My ADSL download rate seems to be crawling along too.  If I reboot the router,
the internet connection seems fine for 10 mins, then goes sluggish again with
quite a bit of packet loss.  My ISP has looked into the line quality and say
there's no evidence of any problem, and that everything points towards a sick
router.

I would say that before I got this problem it was pretty stable.  The only
issue I had with it was I could not get the remote admin web page to work.

It seems like every wireless router manufacturer has problems.  I've been
looking around for a replacement, checking out forums, and there doesn't seem
to be a complete winner in terms of stability and performance.

A friend had a new Linksys router and couldn't get it to work with his
Squeezebox.  He replaced it with the same Belkin model as me, and it worked
first time without any issues.

Phil