rtmyers Wrote:
> For the second time, now, Slimserver (6.0/WinXP) has simply stopped
> booting. Slimserver.exe displays the little "Starting up..." window
> forever. Invoking slim.exe directly gives me
>
> C:\Program Files\SlimServer>slim
> Can't locate object method "set_up" via package
> "Class::DBI::Relationship::HasMa
> ny" at /PerlApp/Class/DBI.pm line 1055.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
> /PerlApp/Slim/DataStores/DBI/DBIStore.pm li
> ne 19.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /PerlApp/Slim/Music/Info.pm line
> 19.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /PerlApp/Slim/Utils/Misc.pm line
> 15.
> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at slimserver.pl line 203.
> Undefined subroutine &main::main called at slimserver.pl line 61.
>
> The first time this happened, I uninstalled SlimServer and re-installed
> it. I don't want to do that again. That time, various sleuthing led me
> to the an error message about some file not being a database index or
> being corrupted or something along those lines.
>
> Since nothing else has changed in my configuration between a situation
> where SlimServer was running fine and this condition, what could be the
> problem?

My guess would be database corruption.  I was playing a couple of days
ago with SQLite Database Browser to get my album artwork paths fixed,
since SlimServer 6 can't handle variable artwork file names.  I can run
two SQL queries and get all of my artwork to display using my particular
file naming convention.  While I was getting this to work SlimServer
kept crashing.  It's amazingly vulnerable to problems in the database.
You don't really have to actually 'corrupt' the db, just throw some
unexpected data at the server and it will crash and burn.

--
JJZolx