Quoting jwgraves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Is there a way to have anyone who plays my stream (for example: using
> Winamp) to stream whatever  playlist is currently streaming?  It seems
> that it is always necessary to first connect into the web interface,
> create a playlist and start playing it, then play the stream.mp3
> through winamp.  I'd like to  be able to give out my address to friends
> and have them be able to play the stream that I am listening to and not
> have to create their own (plus it would be nice to be able to password
> protect the web interface, but not the stream).

Slimserver isn't designed to server as a radio station.  As such, you can only
connect to the server as a new player.  You might consider using softsqueeze if
your friends' internet connections are fast enough.  You can sync softsqueeze
so that all players share a common playlist, but they will still EACH have
their own copy of the stream.

-kdf