Another intriguing thought about the Nokia 770--it claims support for
playing mp3s and the like. So then you could run slimserver in a
browser, xmms (or some such thing) pointing to the slimserver stream,
headphones on your melon, and boom! you've got a pretty fancy portable
player! well, at least until you get out of WiFi range...

Or...you can use your 770 to control your multiple squeezeboxen that
are all synced and you've got poor man's Sonos!

man, so many possibilities. now if i can just squirrel away the $$ to
buy the thing...

as for Opera-- It's been so long since I've used it I should back off
of my original statement, but my beefs with that browser used to be:
Poor Standards Support (CSS and Javascript particularly), Not Free
(looks like that has changed though), Closed Source, Non-Intuitive UI
(for me). I just looked at their website though and the screenshots
alone tell me it's come a long way. I'm a very devout Firefox fan
though, and with it's uber-flexibility I'd be a difficult sell on
Opera. I would think Firefox could run as lean and mean or more so than
Opera on the 770.

btw- great discussion on this thread, folks. I like seeing active
threads about stuff other than "my squeezebox don't work" and "DRM
sucks" (it does, but that's not interesting).

cheers,
#!/ben

--
bklaas