> The question is the title. The title is the question. Any idea?
>
> I own a SB1 and tried ripping a Dolby Digital 5.1 file to FLAC. Playing
> it back through SB1, with fixed digital volume, did not work on my DD
> enabled receiver (as in: no sound at all while the tags got read
> correctly).
>
> Is it possible to play back DD and DTS on SB1?

The problem is that the SB1 will pass a bit-perfect signal....except the
sign is inverted.  This prevents DTS and dolby digital from being passed
intact, while you'll notice no audible difference with PCM signals (ok, ok,
there are audiophiles out there who will probably jump in here and tell me
how they can hear that the soundstage is slightly out of focus or something,
but I personally don't buy it).  There was a fellow a little while back who
showed that if you reinvert the sign then the files can be played
successfully.