-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Charles
Stanton
Sent: 19 May 2005 11:55
To: Slim Devices Discussion
Subject: Re: [slim] Launching MusicMagic at startup

I found a small shareware program called "apptoservice" that works
well and is fairly easy to setup. It starts mm as a service at boot
and works well with ss. You can find it at http://www.basta.com.  a
couple of tips:

- when setting up mm as service, initially set it to 'interact with
desktop.' this way you can make sure the api service is started and do
other troubleshooting (even if you have set the api service in regular
mode, it goes away when run as service and needs to be turned on
again).  Once everything is working well, turn off the interact with
desktop - otherwise the mm application always comes up on the desktop,
and if closed the service stops.

- when upgrading ss from one version to another, the musicmagic plugin
may need to be reset within ss.  check it in server settings >
plugins.  make sure the setting takes.  then what works for me is:
stop the ss service.   stop the mm service.  start the mm service.
start the ss service.  now double check server settings to see if 'use
mm' is checked.  if so, you should be set.