On Jun 12, 2005, at 4:47 AM, Charles Stanton wrote:

I have been having more general problems with the nightlies from the
last week, all fairly consistent.  Platform:  W2K Pro.  Running as a
service.  SB2, wired.  Last nightly used was 6/11

- Slimserver basically just dies.  Under Services and from the Task
Manager it appears to be running - but the web interface can not reach
it and if I try starting it from application mode, it hangs.  The SB2
shows the last played song, but it just stuck there and the remote can
not wake it.  Have to pull the plug and then it hangs on looking for
SlimServer (it never finds it).
Charles can you look in Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer and see if there are some events related to SlimServer crashing? There should be usefule information there.