Hello,

I've got a Squeezebox 1 (graphical) running wirelessly with 92% signal. I
run the SlimServer version currently available from the home page of the
SlimDevices web site (6.0.2?) on a Windows XP Pro laptop (1.4ghz, 250mb
RAM), wired directly to my Netgear DG834G adsl router.

I rely on the remote to program my Squeezebox, but have found that since
upgrading to Slimserver 6 the remote performance has become unnacceptable.
Whenever I navigate the Browse Music menus the music stops playing for lots
(and lots) of seconds.

My music is stored as flac files on a 300gb Maxtor One Touch II with a USB 2
connection to the laptop. I stream the music as PCM.

I've looked for others that have this issue (as I am sure there must be
others) but have not found any. Can anyone point me to any info that may
help me make the performance acceptable?

BTW. It does appear that when using the Slimserver web interface the amount
of music stops are reduced.

Simon Turner
Barcombe UK