neither of the bugs listed above seem to address the issue I am
experiencing. (they relate to playlist not advancing)

The problem I am experiencing is that songs seem to freeze mid-song or
stutter as if the server is out of gas or the network connection is
hokey. Checking the CPU or signal strength does not indicate any
issues. All music is stored and played in native FLAC format over a
wireless g network connection

- AMD CPU, 1900+, 512 MB,
- Redhat 2.6.10-1.766_FC3
- Perl v5.8.5
- SlimServer v6.0.3
- Squeezebox 2, Player Firmware Version: 11, MAC address:
00:04:20:05:a7:a0, Wireless Signal Strength: 100%

Music seems to play fine for a period of time with absolutely no
problems, say an hour, before going choppy.

This is driving me up the wall - I have stopped using the SB for a
month or so - it conked out embarrasingly at a party where I had nearly
convinced a couple of other folk to buy a SB. Not so likely now!

Things were okay with v6.0.1 and that this may be related to upgrading
from SS v6.0.1 (to 6.0.2 and then 6.0.3 which both exhibit the same
issues) and the corresponding SB firmware upgrades. I am reluctant to
upgrade to 6.1 due to the reports that this problem is not resolved and
the other issues related to this release.

Will submit this as a help desk request to the support email address
too.

--
kefa